About Me

My photo
Unique metal sculptures handmade in Australia. Suitable for indoors and outdoors these Teangi's sculptures feature nature and animals. Teangi also creates custom pet caricatures - immortalising your pet in steel.

Thursday 7 July 2011

A face only a mother could love

Mother Nature has played havoc with my work this week. We have had gale force winds for most of the week and lost power for two days. It was certainly challenging in the cold weather.

So this little fella, my Anglerfish, has been waiting patiently to make his debut. He has been twiddling his thumbs (can't see them?) on my dining room table waiting.. waiting... waiting. Today he got his much awaited photo shoot and now I can share him with you all.


He doesn't have what you may call 'classic' good looks but he certainly has character.
Wondering what an Anglerfish is? Click here to see them in real life via my good 'friends' at the Australian Geographic or here to see them via google images.

Some of you may remember the Anglerfish in Finding Nemo? He left an impression on me and, after all these years, made me look into making one. He is approximately 45cm long and made from steel and has champagne cork cups for eyes.

I would love to hear what you think of this little fella. I think he needs a name... what do you think?
For more of my work check out my website.

2 comments:

  1. He's fabulous! Such character. ;o)
    Name possibilities if he's not already named:
    Hey: come back here!
    Here, fishy, fishy, fishy.
    Cutie pie.

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Robyn....
    I tend to call all my fish - 'fishy, fishy, fish, fish'... so your new and imaginative names are welcome!

    ReplyDelete