About Me

My photo
Unique metal sculptures handmade in Australia. Suitable for indoors and outdoors these Teangi's sculptures feature nature and animals. Teangi also creates custom pet caricatures - immortalising your pet in steel.

Saturday 16 July 2011

Introducing Liquorice

I have always loved Liquorice... the eating kind.
And of late I have had a lot of reasons to think about it.

Meet the gorgeous Liquorice ~ a very cute black poodle who loves to play, especially with her frisbee.

I was lucky enough to have the honour of creating Liquorice in sculpture form. Her mum was great in telling me all about what she likes to do and how she spends her time which really helped me 'get to know her'. Then the cute photos followed - I could tell Liquorice was a very sprightly girl who loves to play but also likes a bit of pampering and the occasional bit of girly pampering with a nice old groom topped off with a bow!

Liquorice's mum really emphasised the love she has for her frisbees so what option did I have really? Of course I love to feature bits and pieces to my sculpture which show the pet's personality and this was a 'must have' piece to add. I am a bit biased but I do love it!

So the final product? A lot of fun I think....

 

From my own love of dogs... I understand their importance in their 'pack' so I really enjoy getting to know my subjects, finding a way to show their personalities as well as their physical features... but best of all is revealing them to their 'owners'. Such a pleasure to be able to share this all with all the wonderful people I have met who love their pets.

To see more of my 'Sculpt your Pet' projects visit the commissions page on my website by clicking here.

You can also find me on Twitter or on Facebook for more regular and casual updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment