About Me

My photo
Unique metal sculptures handmade in Australia. Suitable for indoors and outdoors these Teangi's sculptures feature nature and animals. Teangi also creates custom pet caricatures - immortalising your pet in steel.

Wednesday 27 July 2011

I can fly higher than an eagle.....

Remember that song? Makes me cringe a little!

Hopefully this Eagle won't make you feel the same!
This guy has just lost the wind beneath his wings and is what I am calling 'just landed'.

I wanted to show his wings outstretched and I love the way that Eagles come into land with all their legs and talons stretched out .... almost how I look skiing actually! Then again that would be them landing on their bums!

Seriously though they are amazing creatures.
When I was in year 12 (yes I hear you say... many, many moons ago) I won the year prize for art and biology. I thought they were polar opposites back then... oh how little did I know the two would one day marry into one? Anyway the gift I got for the art prize was a book titled 'Impressionist Women', the book I got for the biology prize was titled 'Birds of Prey'. I haven't used them much... until a couple of weeks ago and the Birds of Prey book certainly, even in its faded and dusty state, came in handy.
I never really realised how different all the different raptors are and how majestic they all can be even when hunting. Its been a nice journey and who knows... with the multitude of different raptors out there I may embark on another one day. Watch this space!

In the meantime... I will probably go a little quite on this blog as far as 'revealing' sculptures go. This Eagle is my last project for a few weeks as I prepare for the upcoming ABC Gardening Expo which is on in Sydney on the 19th - 21st August. I will be taking this little fella with me to show off to all those green thumb-ers but I wont be creating any more newbies.
I will, however, be working really hard on my backlog of commissions for my 'Sculpt your Pet' project which has had an influx of orders thanks to the Waggle Canine Adventure Gear blog 'All things Dog' where my CEO (and fur child) Bart was a guest blogger.  Have a read here.

For more images of my work visit my website or become a fan on facebook for a more 'casual' sculpture relationship!

No comments:

Post a Comment